Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm in Training.

I started training for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer this week. It's 24 weeks away, and the training is structured to get my mileage up by the walk, in October. I had been trying to walk and get to the gym in the mornings these past few weeks just to get myself disciplined. It was working. But adding mileage has made me feel exhausted. Here's the program for the first segment:

Monday - "Recovery Walk" 15 minutes (that's from the train to my office) - kind of like an off day
Tues - Brisk 3 miles (I did treadmill, 3.4 MPH brutal)
Wed - X-Train 20-30 min (I did 25 on eliptical, my jam)
Thurs - Moderate 3 miles (Outdoor, only had 45 minutes - probs 2.5+ miles)
Fri - X-Train 20-30 min (elip 27 min)
Sat - Endurance Walk 4 miles (done, outside)
Sunday - Endurance Walk 3 miles (TBC!)

Next week, repeat. My hope is to do as much mileage outside before it gets brutally hot. But using the treadmill with TV is an amazing escape from the pain and keeps me from being a lookey-loo as I walk.

If anyone's interested in the walk or sponsoring me, hit it

1 comment:

Molly Neuman said...

Awesome!! So proud of you.