Saturday, October 11, 2008

Is thinking about the marathon in 2009 too crazy?

I just got home from Berlin, 3 days and 3 nights. I was there for a conference which meant erratic eating opportunities and little time for working out. I did get in two 20 minute cardio workouts but noticed my right hip felt wonky, from the flight. Rolling around in a comfy Euro bed is hard to resist, so two mornings it won out over the gym! If I was more ambitious and less sleepy a quick run around town would have been to see some of the streets up close. Also a good way to get lost I bet.

I bought the Runners World on my way over and didn't read it until I was coming back. This issue is all about the upcoming NY Marathon. So yes, it's 26.2 miles. And yes, no matter how in shape you are it's brutal. But I started thinking about it. Anyone else remotely interested? If so having a little over a year to train is a awesome head start. We could devise a training plan and maybe try to do a half marathon in June to gauge our fitness? If anyone is into it comment back or email me ok?

yours in kookiness,

Molly

2 comments:

tej said...

I feel like shit on this tour - I can't fucking take this life being only half-assedly "in shape" - I'm not saying I wanna be Danzig or Rollins, but I'll throw in for an attempt to run a marathon, Molly - I think a goal like that is exactly what I need!
xo - T

Slim Moon said...

molly i will run a marathon if you do. for real. we could synchronize our training and compare notes. i did all the trianing once before, about 7 years ago, and got up to 20 mile runs but then i did not run the marathon (got a cough at the wrong time)

it is fun and actually not as hard as you might think, but it is a big time committment - the training i mean