Guys,
I decided to try and run a 10k on Dec. 7th. In preparation I'm trying to run longer and just get my endurance up and it's not easy with my schedule and honestly with my lack of passion for running. But I'm trying. Today I went to the gym and did 2 miles on the treadmill in 25 minutes and 2 miles on the elliptical in 20. I had hoped to do all 4 on the treadmill but it was making me anxious and I decided to just take it a little easier. So basically I have a month to be able to complete the 6.2 miles straight and I'm nervous but will try to do it no matter what.
In today's times I saw an article about stretching and wanted to share it with you. Basically, over stretching can be really bad so check this out!
Love,
Molly
p.s. remember to eat something small before your workouts and a decent mix of complex carbohydrates and protein after. Ideas:
handful of almonds before and oatmeal with whole milk (or protein enriched soy milk) after.
piece of toast with peanut butter before, breakfast taco (one tortilla with one egg and a small bit of cheese and salsa) after
today I did neither and about 5 hours later (after I had eaten) I got a migraine style headache that really blew!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i ran 4.5 miles on sunday. will i see you this week in seattle?
Man, I need to get on the stick. I've been doing a half-hour on a treadmill, but it's old and janky and doesn't tell you how far or how fast you're going. A couple of weeks ago, I actually did overstretch my hamstrings, which caused me a couple of days of no small discomfort in my back (and possibly my sinuses - it's all connected...). 10k in one month, huh? Good luck, Moll - I'm not there yet, but I'll be right behind you... xo
Post a Comment