i have discovered that the simple act of making my lunch every morning is the secret to my eating healthy and making other positive choices. the 10 minute ritual of preparation is like signing a daily contract with myself, in which i recommit to putting my health first every single day before i go off to work.
here are favorites that have been going into my lunch bag over the last few weeks:
-oranges & apples
- celery & carrots
- sprouted grain bread with cheese and avocado
- home made soup
- whole wheat pasta
- beet salad
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ah! Danielle, I wish I read this post before I left for work today! I was running late but thought about the green beans in my crisper, a few chops, some lemon and some red pepper flakes would have been the way to go- and worth being a few more min late.
Thanks for the inspiration!
ah! here's your list. that is great advice. maybe we can all give it a shot for the rest of the month? or our own modification?
i've been making sure every time i leave the house to bring a precooked tuna burger patty, bag of salad, baby carrots, cup of rice, and a banana or apple or orange. it works! keeps me from being tempted by evil food.
Post a Comment