so i've been successfully counting calories for six weeks and have lost 6 pounds without ever being hungry. i have lost 2 pounds per week at other times in the past by dieting but it was never sustainable for me, i always ended up giving up because i was too hungry too much. this rate is much more sustainable. all in all i have lost 17 pounds since february.
but the really cool and fun thing is that i've added a lot of muscle. i have defined abs now, not six-pack by any means, but actual ab muscles, which is remarkable because when i started working out i could not really do even one crunch - years of back pain had the consequential side effect of me never using my "core" muscles at all to do anything. i also have strengthened my legs, arms, chest, and back.
i have a knee injury that i have had since i was 13 and it has hurt most of my life. by concentrating on leg exercises i have built up the muscles around the knee enough that I am almost completely free of knee pain now, for the first time in nearly 30 years.
i have also been super good at avoiding the foods that i now know make me sick - legumes, legume oils, chocolate, and dairy products. getting better and better about asking questions at restaurants, reading labels, and cooking without these items at home.
i am also running 4 days a week in addition to the muscle-related workouts 2 days a week. all in all it is great fun and i am feeling terrific.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so psyched for you Slim! I've been doing a lot better too. I'm exercising 4-5 times a week, mostly spin class, jogging and elliptical as well as some weight training. I hope to increase the weight training and add some yoga and pilates to balance it all, but I'm doing what I can now.
I haven't had any real weight loss but clothes are fitting better and I can see a difference. That's a big + for me. One of the things that changed a lot for my was thinking about how much I NEED to sweat and get my heart rate up to balance all the sitting I do in life. It's basic and bonehead, but it's the key to my motivation right now.
Post a Comment