Ok so here is my dilemma. ADIDAF.
All Day I Dream About Food.
I read about food. I watch food TV. When I get home, I make food. I blog about food.
In an attempt to get healthy and shed some of my extra 15lbs I have put on being in love and sedentary I signed up for Spark People. After being confused for the first half hour looking at it, I think I got the gist.
I made a plan. That plan goes like this:
burn 460 cals a week
consume 1200-1500 per day
lose 11 pounds by Nov 16th
In order to achieve my goal, I am to
burn 153 cals just three days a week
exercise 15 minutes a day while watching TV
Should be easy!
Except for the part where I physically move my body. Cos' that just did not happen last night. Those 153 calories are still with me.
Last night I made a pasta sauce from cauliflower. I added some tomato paste, garlic and onions. (Maybe too much) olive oil.. I used whole wheat pasta. Threw in some frozen peas for some green and because I love them. Before creating that masterpiece I could have thrown in my "Crunch Boot Camp" dvd. (I have done yoga and pilates at home before and have toned up a tad.) So I could have popped it in and got down on the mat.
Except, instead of doing that, I made 'rich roll' cookies from Joy of Cooking, in the shape of the State of New York. I ate three fresh out of the oven, while I was prepping the pasta dish. While I watched people making pizzas on TV.
Now today, all I have eaten is a container of 1% cottage cheese with some cracked pepper. (delish!) And a green tea cookie. It's 315pm. What is my problem. Baby Steps?! I am not even in the crawling stage, I am like a confused baby in one of those lil' baby sacks, where the legs and feet don't come out. I am now going to force myself to eat some arugula and tofu that I brought with me today, wish me luck.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
no doubt about it, the working out part can totally suck. want to meet me at the brooklyn bridge and we walk over it after work? that's one cool thing to do to get in a little more action!
Post a Comment