Anybody?
Friday, September 19, 2008
Running: strength v. fat burning
So, thanks to the example set by the rest of this board, I re-started what I hope will be a more constant running program today. The thing is, the route that I usually do around here is only 2 miles, but there are two really good hills (one at about the half-way point, and one right at the end), and the reason I run such a short course (aside from being out of shape - ideally the course will get longer as time goes on, but...), is that I go at it pretty hard - I have a problem with this (in regard to running) - I'm not comfortable running at a slower pace. I average the two miles in about 12-13 minutes. So my question is, what is it gaining me? Is it mostly aerobic at that distance and pace? Am I building strength (definitely "feel the burn" on that last hill)? Am I burning fat? Am I wasting my time? Should I slow down and go longer? Keep it at this pace and increase the length as I get stronger with it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well my opinion is that anything is better than nothing. I'm personally trying to build my endurance and running bit by bit to get a better pace and be able to go for longer. I think you're probably already pretty far along! If 30 minutes it 2 miles-ish then when you feel like going longer you'll know and everything will be awesome-r.
Post a Comment