Monday, September 29, 2008

roasted vegetable soup

I ate this before I took a pic so if I can hold off before I finish it tonight I'll update.
At class we chop a lot of vegetables and divide them up at the end of the day. This past Saturday we were working with a lot of autumn vegetables and I was lucky enough to grab about a pint each of Butternut Squash, Onion and Red Pepper. So I made this too easy recipe last night. I know there are a ton of roasted vegetable soup recipes so this is just a reminder of how easy and yummy they can be.

roast all vegetables +  garlic at 450 degrees for 45 mins.-1 hour
(I added a little olive oil because I love it but if you want to go fat free don't use any or a little bit of cooking spray. Watch the vegetables so they don't burn.)
remove from oven and put in a soup pot. I have an immersion blender so I smoothed them up in there and added about 3-4 cups of water and heated them through before I served. If you don't have one, add the water and salt and pepper to taste to the vegetables until they're nicely combined and smooth them out in a blender or eat chunky.

I think a serving of about 2 cups of this must have about 200 cals and it makes you so happy!  I served it with a little fat free Greek yogurt on top as the creme freche replacement and it was perfect.

No comments: