Monday, September 22, 2008

Hitting the wall

So a month ago or so I decided I needed to kick up my diet and fitness. Since then I've been pretty good about working out 5 days a week or so. I've been trying to bring my lunch to work and monitor my cals but I'm not noticing any weight lost. It's a little depressing. I'm not going to give up of course and I think I need to be much more strict about the cals but it's REALLY HARD. I LOVE TO EAT!

I had class on Sat. so I skipped the gym, I went yesterday for 30 minutes of cardio and it was hot so I was insanely sweaty and gross. This morning I had my session with Malcolm and am gonna try and get a few miles of a walk in this evening. 

So... this weeks goals are, cals limitation, more exercise and a positive attitude. Everyone with me??? 

1 comment:

Nicole Lang said...

Girl, I feel your pain, here. I put on my old stand by fall pants this am and they did not close. I am really starting to feel like the "Cathy" comic - chubby and annoying.
I unlike you, am NOT exercising however and part of the reason is time sure, but even when I went to the gym I never "lost" weight, I had better looking arms and a trimmer belly but I maintained my weight. Now, I am 15 lbs heavier. I am convinced that calories are the first step. I am going to get back on the body moving, but the calorie battle is the first to be won. I have never had these problems before in my life. Only since I turned 32, the downward metabolic spiral commenced around then. It's really hard to not take in as many cals as I am used to because A) I love to eat and B) I never really watched my weight before, so it feels really unnatural. The food love is a big issue too. See, see how I sound like "Cathy"?!