Tuesday, September 16, 2008

MY ARSENAL

Here is a list of my current bff foodstuffs for weight management:

-of course water water water water water water water water water. If I start to get sick of it, in goes lemon or Emergen-C.

AT WORK
cottage cheese (some hate it, but it makes me feel full cos it has a teeny bit of fat)
baby carrots (no brainer)
arugula (thanks Kat, I am converted. Kicks baby spinach's ass in terms of flavor)
beets (beets are amazing, low calorie, flavorful, versatile and avail. ready to eat)
fennel (more props to Kat)
avocado (again with the delish fattyness)
pickles (sodium watch but man can they kill hunger pangs)
cheese sticks (possibly the enemy? Man I eat way too many of these a day)
hummus ( duh, I know tasty protein)
whole wheat eng muffin (endless snack options there)
fat free yogurt ( breakfast, snack, dressing, dip etc)
figs (love em! in season right now)
banana and a piece of dark chocolate (decadent taste w/out decadence)


HOME

salsa (dump on stuff. stuff tastes good)
sweet potatoes (trump reg potatoes except for "new reds" in flavor every time..wicked good for you!)
egg whites (no yolk, this way you can add more cheese!)
lemons (dump on stuff stuff tastes good, use less oil)
frozen vegetables (can oomph up vitamins and decrease carb usage in a meal, obv fresh trumps, but you know)
cashews (cashews make a MEAN cheese sub, like stunningly so. I want cheese all day long so trust me on this or see here)
cauliflower (we roast it and eat it like popcorn, so good!)
tortillas (the flatter the bread, the flatter the tummy..right?)
greek low fat yogurt and honey w fruit (see banana and choc above)
hot cocoa and fluff(forget a big dessert and have cocoa! I put it in water or soy milk)

What do you guys use to be creative with food when you are trying to curb the fat intake?

1 comment:

Molly Neuman said...

great tips!
I'm trying to eat salads light on the dressing but packed with flavor and protein.
Soups too always help get through a crunch time, especially a minestrone or tomato vegetable.
I like to eat one egg with the yolk but I'll try the egg whites.