Wednesday, September 24, 2008

On the positive tip

I watch a lot of bad TV because I enjoy it. One of the things I flipped through last night was a show on TLC  called 627lb Woman: Jackie's Story. I was transfixed and stopped flipping. The story was about Jackie's plight after her gastric bypass which is fascinating in and of itself, but what struck me most was how positive she was. Now I know we moan about the 15-30 pounds we might want to lose and that shit is still hard. But here's a woman who has life threatening challenges in her quest to lose weight. The best she can do is get moderately morbidly obese. But she's doing it with a positive energy that is truly inspiring. 

We can not be sniveling brats. We know what we have to do. We need to love ourselves for who we are and know that others love us unconditionally. We need our motivations to be honorable and try to resist the disgusting influences of our culture to make us hate our thighs and butts. We're loving beautiful people with great hearts. Let's make our hearts stronger!

No comments: