Friday, September 19, 2008

GOOD NEWS! BAD NEWS?

Yesterday I was able to meet my decreased calorie goal!!
Except guess what?
417 of those calories....came from three cans of Modelo beer.
The scene was a common one:
I am at home innocently listening to Hank Williams, stewing some figs.
The radical husband walks in ready to make some dinner and watch the season premiere of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and what does he have in his posession......an icy cold and delicious 6 pack of Modelo!!!
Now, to his credit IASIP is perfectly accompanied by beer, in fact I would say it's almost mandatory.
However, I am trying to be of the not-drinking-so-much-brew persuasion, right? SO.. I have one. and then. another. and then a third! WTF! To MY credit, I did have a bunch of water as well and for that reason I think only ate two of the fantastic black bean and kale tacos we had (instead of the usual 3....uh okay and sometimes 4).
So let me ask you this? Is this Good? Is this Bad? Is it wrong to substitute nutrition calories with....um..brain cell reducers?

2 comments:

Molly Neuman said...

this is good! you're watching it all, keeping it in moderation and meeting your goal!

tej said...

I love that among this crew (MYSELF INCLUDED) 3 beers is moderation... But seriously - that sounds a fine, mellow, healthy evening to me.
Anybody know how many calories are in an average bottle of white wine?