What do you kids think of food diaries or other daily calorie/point food tallies? I've been debating joining Weight Watchers to check out the whole point system thing, since so many people seem to have success with it.
I just joined SparkPeople yesterday because it's similar to Weight Watchers- except it's FREE. I figure I should give it a shot before paying for WW.
The website is visually overwhelming... a little too busy, but I'm hoping that if I take advantage of their food diary tool, I might become more aware of everything I eat. For example, I need to understand that popping mozzarella balls into my mouth as a 'snack' is not the same as, say, raw almonds, and that each one of those babies destroys my daily caloric goal.
It's already interesting to see how I totally forget about things I've consumed throughout the day. So for that reason alone the website might be worth it. The site itself has all kinds of stuff on there- most of which I'll likely never utilize, but the daily food tracker alone might make it worthwhile.
Now I just need to get myself on the elliptical...I'm working on a good mix of workout tunes. Maybe down the line we should send exercise CD mixes? Too much?
I'm going to make a fennel, english cucumber, and apple salad tonight for dinner. I'll made a light dressing with fresh lemon juice and olive oil and shallots and I'll sprinkle on some unsalted roasted pistachios for protein, otherwise I'll get hungry again after an hour. Nom, nom, nom!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey Kat...yeah so far the only thing I am stoked on is the nutrition diary on that thing..and it is slightly annoying to use, but very helpful! Can we be buddies on it? a la myspace style?
I will rejoin if we can all be friends there. I felt a little overwhelmed by it too so i quit.
I started just writing down my work outs and what I eat in my calendar to keep track.
how do we become buddies on it? i can't figure it out, what with all the graphics and words and colors. where is it?
Post a Comment